Slow cookers facilitate the process of cooking in more than one way and they have become one among the most vital kitchen essentials today for their wide usage.One of the things that you may get confused is how to choose best slow cooker? Here are few tips to determine what’s best for you. The main essential for a slow cooker is to perform well on low and high settings, without drying out your food. It must have the easy settings and must be easy to use.
Recommended criteriato choose best slow cooker
• How many people are you cooking for?
• Is it for home kitchen of for commercial kitchens like restaurants, cooking contracts etc.?
• Round or oval?
• Is it a manual slow cooker or a programmable one?
• Best budget slow cooker
How many people are you cooking for?
Decide on the number of person you have to cook. Then select the size of the cooker. 4 quart will feed 2 and have leftovers. 5 quart is suitable for a family of 4 to 6. 6 quart or more is not suitable for a huge family.
Round or oval?
Decided to cook breads in a loaf pan? An oval one is the best one for you and the bread fit pans inside the slow cooker. Round ones are perfect for soups or stews. Oval shapes are good if you think you’ll be making large cuts of meat or roasts a whole chicken.
Manual or Programmable?
Manual Slow Cooker is generally less expensive. Programmable is the automatic control that switches of to warm after the time you specify. The automatic slow cookers are expensive as they are equipped with automatic control. A slow cooker cooks food at steady heat. The tight lid creates a closed environment that does not allow the heat to go out. It traps the heat and restores the moisture in the food.
Here are few rules to follow while cooking with a slow cooker:
• Select the correct size for your family. A large cooker will burn or dry out the food. While a smaller one will tend to overflow the food.
• Cut the vegetables or meat pieces uniformly. So that they gets cook evenly.
• Try to make the chicken or beef to browning in a pan before you put it in a slow cooker to add flavor to your dish.
• If it’s a manual cooker, turn the slow cooker on high for the first hour of cooking and then change it to low. Ingredients and other factors can affect the speed at which food cooks. Consult a temperature chart to learn the safe temperatures of cooked meat. Food cooks relatively fast in high temperature compared to the low temperature.
Consider the above factors on how to choose best slow cookerclosely and then choose best slow cooker that fulfills all your requirements. You can browse online for more details on how to choose best slow cooker then you can make the purchase online with reliable sellers and dealers at discounted rates.
Click here to see what others are saying…