Why Keep a Dog Treat Pouch for Training
Every dog owner needs to train their dog since pets need to be taken outside the home. And if they are not sufficiently trained, they can be a nuisance to the owner or other people outside. For training your dog, you need a few accessories, especially a dog treat pouch.
A treat pouch works quite simply, with you giving your dog a treat every time it follows your command. Animals do not have cognitive thinking, but they can be trained by habit. So, by treating your dog, you are training him to behave in a certain way if he wants to get a treat. There are several kinds of dog treat pouches available for sale, and here you can take a look at the different perks they offer:
1.PetSafe Treat Pouch Sport
PetSafe is a company aimed at providing ease of interaction to both the pet and owner. The company always tries to come up with versatile products that are fully functional in all circumstances. The treat pouch bag by the company is made by keeping all essential needs of the pet owner in mind. The bag is divided into an inner compartment. This gives the owner ease of sorting the treats into different types.
You can keep various treats in different pockets so that they do not get mixed up. Also, there is a hanger feature on the bag that lets the user hang their keys on the bag. This comes in handy when you are out with your dog and you need to keep your keys safe. The pouch is made in a way that the hinge is easy to open and close. With this feature, the user can quickly take out a treat from the bag without have to fiddle with it every time they want to treat their dog.
- A front storage pocket where you can keep your phone or disposal bags for your dog’s waste.
- Available in a variety of colors, namely blue, red and black
- Easily washable in the machine
- Waist strap can be adjusted according to the waist of the wearer
- May need some extra accessories to work properly
- Waists strap only measures 48”, making it unsuitable for heavier individuals
2.PETPAWJOY Walking Dog Treat Bag
This Walking Dog Treat Bag is great since it can be worn in a variety of ways. First off, it has a clip that can be joined to your belt. Another way to wear it is to keep it over your shoulder or you can also adjust it around your waist. There are two pockets in the bag that are zippered so that the owner can keep their phone and cash for safety.
The bag comes with a built-in, bag holder for your pets. You can also keep poop bags in this holder. In addition, the bag has a strap that can fit almost every waist size. It is made up of polyester and nylon so you do not need to worry about dog treats getting soggy and wet due to outdoor humidity.
- Different ways to wear the bag to suit all kinds of users
- A pet trainer clicker comes free with it
- The price is quite reasonable for these features
- No compartments to keep the treats separately
- Different treats such as biscuits and skittles can get mixed when kept in the bag
3.PERRAMA Dog Treat Bag
Perrama has also come up with a dog treat bag that serves all your needs. This bag has two pockets, where you can use one for keeping your belongings and the other can be used to keep dog toys, accessories and dog treats for your pet. With the bag, you get a dog training clicker, which is an added advantage.You also get a free bowl. What makes this bowl so special is the fact that it is collapsible and can be easily carried around in the bag if you are planning you go out for a longer time.
There is a separate compartment for dog poop bags so you do not have to worry about that either. It has linkers on the side that can be attached to your belt so that you can wear it easily when walking. For a more casual wear, you can hang it on the shoulders. If you are running, you can wear the bag around your waist.
- A compartment for dog poopbags
- Different wearable styles
- The strap is adjustable even for larger sizes
- Contains ample space for keeping treats and toys
- The internal compartments may be few for people who need to keep different kinds of treats
4.Doggone Good Rapid Rewards Pouch
Doggone’s dog treat bag is the cutest thing you can get for your dog. With its pink color and appealing design, you will love it just as much as your dog. The bag comes with a belt so you can wear it with the belt for easy carrying around. If you have to carry a bag on your shoulder, you will always be conscious of having to ensure it is still there. However, when worn on a belt, you can be satisfied that the bag is secure in its position.
The bag comes with a magnetic closure so you just have to pull the cord to get the bag opened or closed. The inner compartment of the bag is quite spacious so you can keep a lot of things there, including toys and treats. The outer surface is colored pink while the inner side is grey. This improves visibility and makes it easy for you to find a particular treat on short notice. On the inner side, there is also a Velcro closure pocket where you can keep the special treats. Or, you can also keep your valuables in there for safety, as it is a closed pocket.
- An inner pocket for your valuables
- Very roomy pocket for treats and toys
- Easily closed and opened with the help of a cord
- Quite easy to handle and carry
- The bag does not come with any add on such as a bowl or a training clicker
5.Rapid Rewards Treat Pouch w/Belt
Rapid Rewards Treat Pouch is also a good choice when it comes to buying a dog training treat pouch bag. It is made up of polyester that is 600 denier so you do not need to be worried about damage. Fabric pouches get wet easily and cannot be used in humid environment. However, this pouch is made up of bag pack material and can be carried around easily. Along with fulfilling your pet’s needs, it also caters to your needs.
There is a zippered compartment in which you can keep your valuables. Just keep your phone or keys in there while you go out for a walk. There is a waist belt strap for you to join the bag to and be comfortable while taking out your dog for a stroll. The bag has enough space to keep your belongings as well as the treats and toys for your dog.
The interior is colored light for easy finding of treats. You can attach it to the waist band of your clothes or to the pocket. Alternately, you can chain it to the belt using the loops that are an inch wide.
- An arm ring comes with the bag
- A free dog training clipper is also included
- Inner space is ample for carrying everything you want to put in
- Can be worn around the waist for easy carrying
- The magnetic closure is not strong enough to hold fully packed bag
- The space might not be enough for people who have larger phones and bulkier keys
6.EzyDog Wearable Treat Bag
The EzyDog Treat Bag for training your dog can be easily worn around the waist. It comes with a strap that can be adjusted and placed around the waist. This is quite convenient for those users who need to take their dogs out on a run. When running, you do not want to wear your bag on your shoulder since it can be uncomfortable and it causes hindrance in running. Thus, a waist strap is the right accessory for runners who need to train their dogs.
The trim of the bag is reflective so that you are spottable even at nighttime. This can prevent the chance of any collision or bumping. This feature can come in handyif there is a cycling lane close to your dog walking area.
There is a compartment for the pickup bag so you do not have any poop problem with your little pet. The built-in dispenser lets you stack the bags in there for your everyday use. The zipper is water resistant which ensures easier opening and less susceptibility to damage. The inner compartment is also quite spacious for your dog treats.
- Magnetic trim gives visibility
- Slim fit waist strap is present
- Dispenser for waste bags is present
- The inner space may not be enough for some users
- Having to open the zipper to take out a treat every time can be time consuming and irritable
7.Zacro Dog Treat Training Pouch
Zacro Dog Treat Training Pouch is quite a convenient tool for you to use if you want to train your dog in the best possible way. It comes with an adjustable strap that is aimed at fitting different waist sizes. These range from 72cm to 123cm. The nylon used for manufacturing the bag is Oxford quality which makes it suitable for use during any adventure session or even while running. The material is resistant to humidity and rain so it can be used even in those climates where rain is a frequent occurrence.
The inner compartments are quite spacious and there are options for keeping different things. There are two zippered pocket with one being smaller than the other. So, you can keep your phone or other belongings in the bigger pocket and the smaller one for keeping pet treats. You may also use the pockets for keeping waste bags for your dog. A training clicker is also included so that you can easily train your dog using it.
- A clicker is included for easier training
- Zippered pockets offer more security
- Adjustable strap is suitable for most waist sizes
- The material is quite durable
- No dispenser for your waste bags
- The shoulder strap is a bit short
8.OneTigris Dog Treat Pouch 500D
OneTigris Dog treat back is the best bag out there for those people who like to combine style with functionality. The look of the bag is quite stylish and it is suitable for those people who run a lot. The main pocket stays open so that you can easily take out treats when you need to. Secondly, there is another pocket on the inside in which you can keep your phone or your keys. There is a D ring in front of the bag where you can hang your waste bags for easier cleaning up after your pet.
The bag can be opened and closed using a drawstring, which is quite an easy and convenient way of handling the back. Your dog won’t be able to get it to the treats even if it is close to the pocket. There is webbing on the back of the bag so you can also attach any other accessories that you may want to keep with you.
- Great design
- Pockets for your belonging
- Drawstring opening and closing
- Extra webbing for other accessories
- The dispensing mechanism for waste bags isn’t exactly the best
- No extra accessories included with the bag
It can be concluded that all these bags have their own pros and cons. You need to narrow down your needs and choose a bag according to them. The kind of walking speed you have, the number of dogs you need to train and the amount of personal belonging you keep in your bag will determine the kind of training bag that is suitable for your daily use.