A microwave oven is a kitchen appliance which works using the microwave technology. It bombards the food with electromagnetic radiation in microwave frequencies which causes thermal build up within the food molecules.
These days the microwave oven comes with multiple functions and many modes of heating making it easier for the cook to choose a predefined setting and placing the food inside it and forgetting about it carelessly. It’s independence to human decisions makes the multifunctional microwave a boon.
- HEATING -this is the primary feature of the microwave oven. The food placed inside is heated according to the temperatures set by the user. In some modern products, programmable presets are provided and just one button would do the entire job.
- SPACING- the capacity of a microwave oven is varied in many ways, depending on the size of the family, a microwave can be chosen as per the consumer’s convenience. The range starts from nearly 10 liters to 35 liters. This ensures a relief to all the people with large families to cook their food at a time or perhaps a huge turkey at thanksgiving too.
- DEFROSTING- this is newly developed technology in the microwave ovens where defrosting of frozen food is made possible. For all those who live a very hectic life and freeze their food to save time of preparing it repeatedly, this is the best they could get. The defrost function allows the oven to meltdown the frozen food and warm it to optimum temperatures.
- AUTOMATIC COOKING- this is a key feature in the modern day technology. The food can be placed and either using preset values or even advanced automatic cooking technology, the oven itself chooses the temperatures needed to cook the food making it easier for the novices.
Although there are a lot of ovens available in the market, there are a few which are the best.
BEST 5 MICROWAVE OVENS
1. Panasonic 1.2 cubic feet Countertop Black Inverter 1350 Watt Microwave Oven
This appliance’s runs on inverter technology. This means that if 50% power is selected, then the oven will cook 100% of the time at 50% power. The cooking results will be much more even and reliable. The price offered being very reasonable, this is future technology.
2. Sharp 0.5 Cubic Foot Microwave and Toaster Oven
This is a small yet powerful combination of a microwave and a toaster; this is technically two appliances at the cost and space of a single unit. The microwave isn’t full powered, but for making popcorn or reheating it’s great. There are pre-set cooking times and settings.
3. GE JVM1440 Over The Range Microwave
This microwave oven offers 950 watts of power and lots of features including, express cooking, child lock, sensor cooking controls, and extend cook functions along with a powerful vent hood. This could be the right choice for many amateurs.
4. Sharp R-540 Microwave Oven
This is a powerful, 1200 watt microwave oven from Sharp which gives the user a choice out of many settings like sensor reheat (keeps checking temperature of food and allows user to know when it’s hot and reheats it if cools),an automatic defrost and online recipes.
5. KitchenAid KCMS145J Microwave Oven
This model is rated to be 1100 watts and occupying 1.4 cu. Ft. of volume. It offersa child lock feature, a keep warm feature, instantpopcorn button, and also sensor cooking controls. The glass turntable helps food cook evenly.