The coffee maker needs a cleanup once in every month. The hard water deposits, leftover coffee oils that become sour and other impurities needs to be cleaned every month. Washing the pot just isn’t enough. The internal components remains with the same impurities it is essential to clean them whew time permits. Follow these steps to clean your coffee maker from side to side and you’ll get a different taste.
Steps to follow.
1. Make a solution of one part of white vinegar to 2 parts water that is enough to fill the pot. If you are cleaning for the first time and may be you would not have cleaned it for years you need a stronger solution. In that case make both the ingredients equal.
Or here are few more alternative mixtures
• Two denture tablet with a pot of water. Dissolve the tablets in a small container of pure water. Do not use the coffee maker water reservoir. Make sure you dissolve the tablet completely else the cleaning process can be daunting.
• Never mix together bleach and vinegar or the same combination withany acid; the fumes created by these combinations are poisonous
• Do not use the combination baking soda and warm water for cleaning purposes. This mixture can clog and spoil your coffee maker. Prepare a mix of citric acid in 4 cups of hot water and then add 4 cups of cold water to the mixture.
2. Put the Filter in the coffee maker as we usually do.
3. Pour the solution prepared into the coffee maker where you would normally add water
4. Turn on the coffee maker and let the mixture run completely through the full process of brewing.
5. Dispose of the filter and mixture from the coffee maker
6. Switch off the coffee maker and let it cool for 15 minutes
7. Wash the coffee pot with cold water.
8. Repeat all of the above process again with the same steps, but this time with plain cold water.
9. This will ensure that all of vinegar and water solution is completely gone.
Use a tooth brush to clean the filter basket. Heat the brush and just bend it to 90° angle. This helps to make a perfect brush for cleaning the filter basket. Hard stains can be removed using a paper towel or clean dish towel. Rinse thoroughly. A microfiber towel will clean better than paper towels. Make sure that your coffee maker is clean to enjoy a delicious and aromatic coffee.
Click here to see what others are saying…