A coffee maker provides coffee lovers with instant coffee at any time of the day. Maintenance of the coffee makers is as important as making coffee. If the coffee maker is cleaned and maintained properly that it will remain functional for a longer time.
One needs to follow some simple steps to maintain the coffee maker and remove hard deposits and left over coffee oils in it. These steps are as follows: –
- Using the solution of vinegar and water. By adding one part vinegar to two parts of water you can make a solution that can be used to completely clean the coffee maker and remove all the debris.
- One can even buy coffee maker cleaner to remove strong stains and deposits or even use straight bleach to remove and dissolve baked-on coffee.
- In order to prevent stains on the inner surface of coffee maker, one can place filter paper in the maker before adding the coffee powder or capsules.
- One can even mix the coffee powder with water instead of using water alone in the water tank. This prevents forming of coffee lumps in the maker that may otherwise get clogged and become difficult to remove.
- When the cleaning solutions are added to the mixer, the coffee mixer should be turned on and allowed to run thoroughly. This enables proper cleaning of the mixer and completely removes the debris from all surfaces.
- Once the coffee maker runs completely, open the coffee maker and discard the filter placed on it. The filter contains the clogged debris that gets removed by the action of cleaning solution.
- Allow the coffee maker to cool completely for at least 10-15 minutes. This removes the hot steam from the coffee maker.
- Once the coffee maker cools down, the coffee pot should be removed and cleaned thoroughly.
- The above mentioned steps are repeated once more to clean and make the coffee brewer completely free of deposits.
Apart from the above steps it is necessary to frequently clean the coffee maker on the regular basis. It is not sufficient to invest in a high quality coffee maker to enjoy the rich flavor of coffee. Maintaining, cleaning and getting a frequent service for your coffee maker are also equally important to increase its function for a long time.