Pulled pork is one among the traditional dish in many cultures that are loved by people of all ages. It is the hugely preferred recipe for all important occasion, events, social gathering, celebrations and more. Cooking pulled pork perfectly requires exemplary culinary skills combined with expertise and experience. Cooking pulled pork without getting up heated in kitchen is perfect for pot lucks or large gatherings is possible only through slow cooker.
Slow cooker with its stead and incessant supply of pressure and heat cooks the meal perfectly without leaving the meat raw or half cooked or by making the spices dark or burnt. Pulled pork is one of those dishes you can serve all year round. Easy recipe for pulled pork is made in the slow cooker uses a simple spice mixture, onions, garlic, and chicken broth.
Ingredients for pulled pork in slow cooker:
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil for seasoning
- 1 (4 pound) pork shoulder roast
- 1 cup barbeque sauce
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 extra large onion, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- 2 tablespoons butter, or as needed
• Pour a little vegetable oil into the bottom of a slow cooker. Place the roasted pork in slow cooker. Pour in the barbecue sauce, apple cider vinegar, and chicken broth
• Add and stir in the brown sugar, yellow mustard, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, onion, garlic, and thyme.
• Turn off the slow cooker not totake away the pork to a cutting board. Now set a fine-mesh strainer on a medium heatproof bowl. Slowly pour the onion mixture from the slow cooker by making use of the strainer and then return the solids to the slow cooker. Set the strained with its liquid aside.
• Cover the slow cooker and set the temperature to high until roast shreds easily with a fork, 5 to 6 hours.
• Remove the roast from the slow cooker and remove the meat using two forks. Return the tattered pork to the slow cooker and stir with the meat juice. If you’re not using barbecue sauce then use a spoon or skimmer to skim and to take away the fat from the surface of the cooking liquidthat is strained, and then add 1/4 cup of the liquid at a time to the slow cooker tillthe pork get perfectly moistened.
• Taste and season with salt as needed.
This is a yummy recipe when cooked with slow cooker. Including tasty ingredients and farm fresh produce makes slow cooker pulled pork a favorite dish of everyone but ensure that your family tag you as a pulled pork expert while you use the perfect combination of ingredients in this recipe. The Juices of the meat stays in the dish and it gets tastier. Try this recipe with the slow cooker and enjoy the pulled pork with your family. You can find numerous varieties of slow cooker available online. Look for the best one and enjoy cooking the pulled pork.