The riding mower has proven to be that trusted equipment that can be used for lawn care. The use of the riding mower is such that saves time for the user, and boosts productivity. The safety of the mower is also a plus when compared to the push mower. It comes with an elevated seat that enables you avoid flying objects or debris.
The speed of the equipment, the placement of the engine, cutting width as well as the zero-turn platform, are to be considered when choosing a riding mower to buy. These features come into play when you are deciding the model that is most attractive to you.
A number of features can make one model of riding mower more attractive than another, based on your peculiar needs. Consider the speed, cutting width, zero-turn design, engine placement, and transmission of each model, to determine which riding lawn mower is best for you.
The zero-turn function makes a riding lawn mower utilize a turning radius that is the tightest among the models available in the marketplace. When working in the midst of shrubs, trees, and other constraints, the zero-turn mower is able to maneuver with ease. This is however not the same when it works in hilly terrain. On the other flank, auto transmission on lawnmowers also means less effort is exerted compared to manual transmission models.
The Recommended Riding Mower Reviews
1. WORX WG794 28-volt Landroid Robotic Lawn Mower –by Worx
The Landroid is a fully pre-programmed mower that comes with all needed to have it installed. The presence of water on a rainy day or low battery reading will make it head to its charging booth. It is ready for use when it gets fully charged. The interface is user friendly, easy to program, and customizes to suit your description.
The flexible functionalities make it easy for you to work around small spaces in your garden, and this is attributable to its AIA technology. This riding mower is suited for use in narrow passages and you will have no challenge when you need to execute intricate cuts in your lawn.
There are 5 cutting positions that come with the Landroid, and it can complete up to a quarter of an acre at a go.
- Maintains up to 20 degrees slant when it inclines or declines
- Uses a shock sensor mechanism when working around blockages
- Works at optimal levels when charged fully
2. Husqvarna 967324101 V-Twin 724 cc Zero Turn Mower, 54″- by Husqvarna
The Twin 723 cc is another zero turn mower with proven performance and superior design. It comes with innovative features that take the chore out of your lawn maintenance. The engine is a twin endurance model with 24hp, while the clutch is electrically configured.
The cutting deck is on a 54-inches reinforced platform that is enriched with quad-rollers with anti-scalp features. The gear of this riding mower is powered on EZT transmission with dual hydro-gear features.
The Briggs and Stratton engine is a bulwark with air filtration that is of premium rating, and optimal cooling fan for top performance. The valves are chrome-plated and the bearing surfaces are rated as super-finished. All of these features are embedded to give you the desired cut as you work the lawn.
- Has a removable foot pan for easy mounting
- led headlights are integrated into the bumper
- boasts of rear engine guard and automatic braking system
3. Troy-Bilt 382cc 30-Inch Premium Neighborhood Riding Lawn Mower-by Troy-Bilt
This mower is powered by an OHV engine that is rated 382cc auto choke. It has a turning radius of 18 inches, and is recommended for lawn owners that have an even terrain and mid-sized landscape. When not in use, it can be left in the garage until it is needed.
The adjustable blade covers 5 levels in elevation, while the take-off mechanism is manual- powered. This feature engages the blade easily and braces it for a fast roar. The seating is ergonomically designed to accommodate the mid-back, and this gives additional comfort.
The steering wheel is optimized as a robust 13-inch soft grip. In addition, the rear wheels are 16×6.5-inch in dimension while the front wheels come to 13×5-inch.
There is a limited warranty that lasts for two years on this riding mower.
- features 5 adjustable settings on the 30-Inch cutting deck
- Has a 1.3-gallon tank for fuel storage
- The power take-off is on manual transmission
4. Troy-Bilt TB42 42-inch 420cc Auto Drive 7-Speed Side Discharge Riding Lawn Tractor-by Troy-Bilt
This Troy-Bilt design is one that suits large fields as well as extensive residential lawns. The speed is pegged at 5.2 miles per hour and it runs on manual transmission. The deck wash mechanism makes it easy to have it cleaned, and you will have no fuss about keeping it dirt-free.
The fuel storage is 1.36 gallon while the seat also reaches to the mid-back segment. This riding mower a comes with a sporty mounting frame that is made of the vaunted 13-guage steel. The engine is rated 420cc while the foot-pedal is continuously variable and auto-transmission powered. The range of transmission is 7-speed.
- height adjustment is at 5 levels
- Weighs up to 520 pounds
- Has a 42-inch mowing deck with side discharge
5. Poulan Pro 960420188 Briggs and Stratton 20 hp Pedal Control Automatic Drive Riding Mower, 46″ 46000 Outdoor Power Issue – Over LTL Weight Max-by PoulanPro
This riding mower is fitted with a 46 inches deck that is vented and reinforced for optimal airflow. There is provision to mulch as mowing gets underway. The accessories provided allow you to bag the forage just as you wish. The engine is a Briggs & Stratton designed overhead valve model, which comes with pressurized lubrication mechanism.
The oil delivery to the inner labyrinths of the engine is optimized around the internal oil pump design. The engine works on a ready-start basis, so the need for choke or prime is removed. The inner temperature is sensed by the engine automatically so that the fuel delivery is regulated for optimal functionality.
The 6 inches turning radius, the front axle, and the floating deck, all oscillates for optimal mowing outcomes. The best cut will result from the alignment of the above features when mowing a rough patch.
- Fitted with foot pedal controls
- The speed is up to 75 MPH on automatic transmission
- Possesses 6 inches turning radius mechanism
6. Poulan Pro 960420182 Briggs 15.5 hp Automatic Hydrostatic Transmission Drive Riding Mower, 42″-by Poulan Pro
This riding mower is powered by the Briggs & Stratton engine that boasts of a hydrostatic transmission mechanism. The vented deck is 42 inches in dimension, and this aligns with the oscillating front axle that boosts the cutting edge, and operating stability.
There is also the option to mulch the cut grass as the mowing gets underway. The airflow beneath the thickets of grass is also optimized by the design of the vented deck.
The adjustment of the riding mower speed is enhanced by the automatic hydrostatic transmission mechanism. There is no speed change as a result of the optimized synchronization that keeps the mowing pace regulated.
The air filtering system in this riding mower is enhanced by the air filter system, which delivers cleaner and cooler air as the mowing progresses.
- Comes with oscillating Front Axle
- Possesses 6 inches turning radius mechanism
- Has the complement of a floating deck
- This product is 300 pounds or heavier
7. Troy-Bilt 30-Inch Neighborhood Riding Lawn Mower- by Troy-Bilt
The engine of this riding mower is run on top forward speed that is rated at 4.25 MPH with a transmission mechanism that is 6-speed.
The fuel storage of this riding mower is 1.3 gallon in capacity that also includes a window for fuel sighting. It is easy to check on gas levels while you work. The blade power is adjustable at 5 levels while the power take-off is manually driven. This enhances the pace of the mower, while also boosting blade engagement.
This riding mower boasts of an engine that was built as a durable machine with assured clean performance. This mower is a good fit for landowners who have a working terrain that is even and of mid-size. Other celebrated features of this riding mower include a cutting deck that has a 30-inch dimension along with up to 5 adjustable settings.
- Has a 30-Inch cutting deck
- 5 adjustable settings for easy adaptability
- turning radius is 18-Inches
- uses 6-speed transmission and speed rate of 4.25 MPH
8. Husqvarna 960430211 YTA18542 18.5 hp Fast Continuously Variable Transmission Pedal Tractor Mower, 42″ –by Husqvarna
This Husqvarna model of riding lawn mower has a steel deck made of 13-guage rating, and a 42 inch dimension. The auto transmission mechanism is pedal-controlled, and it delivers optimal performance; more cutting power and less drive exertion.
The riding mower is delivered in an open crate as a fully assembled piece. All that needs to be done when you take delivery, is to fill up the gas and ride. The airflow underneath the deck while mowing is enhanced by the air induction design.
The mower also boasts of a deck wash duct that makes it possible to attach a water hose when you are cleaning up the machine. There is also a deck lever that is easily fender-mounted when you need it.
- uses auto transmission with pedal controls
- easy drive mechanism
- weighs up to 300 pounds or more
9. Poulan Pro 960420170 PB20VA46 Briggs 20 HP V-Twin Ready Start Pedal Control Fast Auto Drive Cutting Deck Riding Mower, 46-Inch-by Poulan Pro
The v-twin engine on this riding mower is made by Briggs, and it boasts of a ready-start. It has the complement of an auto transmission that is pedal-controlled, as well as 4 gauge wheels. The headlights are top-rated just like the front axle and 16 inch turning radius for optimal field performance.
The cutting deck is a 46-inch structure and this aligns with the power and quality of the PoulanPro brand. Homeowners will find optimal value in this machine that comes with a range of features that are eye-catching.
The needed branded parts and related accessories are readily accessible when needed, and that makes your choice of this riding mower, a worthwhile one. The rider will enjoy the complement of the mid-back reach offered by the mounted seat.
- auto transmission with pedal controls
- cutting deck is 46-Inch re enforced
- 2.5-Gallon capacity for Fuel storage
- Front tires measure 15-inches
Irrespective of the type of terrain that your lawn is situated in, you will be able to find a riding lawn mower in this outline that suits your need. If you are a stickler for the ease of auto transmission and pedal-controlled breaking system, there are options that meet your specifications.
The pace of technological change has caught up with the traditional lawn mower, and anyone who has an eye for cutting-edge machines will appreciate these recommended riding mowers.
Size up your budget and align your procurement with your available resources, as you decide on the best-buy that meets your expectations.
A cheap riding mower or lawn tractor is probably your necessity, rather than a conventional walk-behind mower, if you have a lawn larger than about one-third of an acre.
Generally, a lawn tractor features an engine in the front and other cheap riding mowers are equipped with smaller engines mounted behind or underneath the seat and cut narrower paths. In the past, the rear-engine riding mower which attracts buyers with ultra-low prices received too many complaints about its performance, quality, and reliability. So if you have no navigated tight spaces to mow, a heftier lawn tractor will generally be more comfortable, stable, and durable and fall into the same price range.
Five best cheap riding mowers
1. Weed Eater WE-ONE 26-Inch 190cc Briggs & Stratton 875 Series Gas Powered Riding Lawn Mower With Electric Start
Weed Eater branded riding mower features reliability and phenomenal performance and affordable price. Equipped with a 26-inch mower deck, a three-speed transmission (3 forward and 1 reverse), this 26-inch 190CC (825 Series) Briggs & Stratton Electric Start riding mower (WE1) allows you to set your own pace while mowing. There is a 30-inch to 40-Inch turning radius, a fold flat – foam padded seat for added comfort and support while mowing. A friction disk transmission, a manual cable blade engagement, stamped steel front axle, 3-Inch blade engagement, 13-inch rear tires and 10-Inch front tires are also equipped.
2. Recharge Mower G2-RM12 30-Inch 36-Volt Cordless Electric Rechargeable Riding Lawn Mower
Featuring far superior technology, Recharge Mower G2-RM12 30-Inch 36-Volt Cordless Electric Rechargeable Riding Lawn Mower has electronic cutting blade controllers to maintain smooth operation without fail. The all-metal design virtually eliminates any plastic parts. It also features touch sensitive accelerator, an auto decelerate and braking system requiring only one pedal for operation. Its new Energy Star rated 8Ah charger is able to fully re-energize the G2 overnight at lower electric costs.
3. Poulan Pro PB17542LT 17.5 HP 6-Speed Lawn Tractor, 42-Inch
With the latest and greatest features, Poulan Pro mowers provide industry leading prices. The PB17542LT is equipped with a 42-inch deck, 17.5HP Briggs and Stratton engine, side discharge, 20-inch rear wheels, 9-inch low-back seat, 6 speed gear drive transmission, manual clutch, 1.5 gallon fuel tank, 18-inch turning radius and box steel front axle.
4. Poulan PO17542LT 42-Inch 17-1/2 HP Briggs and Stratton Riding Lawn Tractor With 6-Speed Transmission
The 42-Inch 17-1/2 HP Briggs and Stratton Lawn Tractor (PO17542LT) is equipped with a 17-1/2 HP Briggs and Stratton I/C engine, 42-Inch mower deck made from durable thick gauge steel, a six-speed transmission, allowing you to set your own pace while mowing. The standard step-through frame design makes it easier to get on and off. An 18-Inch turning radius, a 9-Inch padded seat provides added comfort and support while mowing. 1-1/4 gallon fuel capacity, stamped steel front axle, 20-Inch rear tires.
5. Husqvarna Outdoor Products 18.5Hp 42′ Lawn Tractor Pb18 Riding Mower
With a great price, the Husqvarna Outdoor Products 18.5Hp 42′ Lawn Tractor Pb18 Riding Mower comes highly recommended and is a popular choice for most people. It features a 6-Speed Fender-Shift Transmission, Stamped Steel Deck, Steel Channel, 42′, Twin-Blade, Lawn Tractor Frame, 18′ Turning Radius, 15′ Front & 18′ Rear Turf Tires, Stamped Steel Front Axle, 1.5 Gallon Front Fuel Tank.
- The Recommended Riding Mower Reviews
- 1. WORX WG794 28-volt Landroid Robotic Lawn Mower –by Worx
- 2. Husqvarna 967324101 V-Twin 724 cc Zero Turn Mower, 54″- by Husqvarna
- 3. Troy-Bilt 382cc 30-Inch Premium Neighborhood Riding Lawn Mower-by Troy-Bilt
- 4. Troy-Bilt TB42 42-inch 420cc Auto Drive 7-Speed Side Discharge Riding Lawn Tractor-by Troy-Bilt
- 5. Poulan Pro 960420188 Briggs and Stratton 20 hp Pedal Control Automatic Drive Riding Mower, 46″ 46000 Outdoor Power Issue – Over LTL Weight Max-by PoulanPro
- 6. Poulan Pro 960420182 Briggs 15.5 hp Automatic Hydrostatic Transmission Drive Riding Mower, 42″-by Poulan Pro
- 7. Troy-Bilt 30-Inch Neighborhood Riding Lawn Mower- by Troy-Bilt
- 8. Husqvarna 960430211 YTA18542 18.5 hp Fast Continuously Variable Transmission Pedal Tractor Mower, 42″ –by Husqvarna
- 9. Poulan Pro 960420170 PB20VA46 Briggs 20 HP V-Twin Ready Start Pedal Control Fast Auto Drive Cutting Deck Riding Mower, 46-Inch-by Poulan Pro